Google Analytics

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Wastegate actuator fix

Recently I found at several forums that some guys was in garages for so called "recall".
RECALL לרכבי פולו TSI (Heb)
Fabia recall - March 2012

I called to Hagoren garage and asked if I need to visit them. Yaniv said yes, I need to come to do something, but it's not a recall, it can be done at next maintenance visit. I said I will come tomorrow at 11.

As I was already know that it related to wastegate actuator I made some "before" pictures.



Wastegate actuator


So I drove to garage, meet my friend Alexander. As I understood, some drivers experienced turbocharger issue when it wasn't working while they driving but after stopping and then starting engine everything was fine. Skoda issued following solution: spacer washer to wastegate actuator. Sounds ok, let's go.

By the way, I meet there Stefan Barda, the seller guy. I told him that Radio Milano wanted to install not original speakers and I declined this bullshit. He said that will check it.

In few minutes Fabia was inside waiting for her turn. Technician came, connected testing computer. He also explained to me what he going to do.

This is that spacer washer, 2 mm thickness.
03F 145 371 A - spacer washer

Installing spacer washer also requires a ECU update.
The installation takes about a minute.
Video and photo of process were removed by request from garage manager.
Explanation post here.


After that, it's important to calibrate actuator by command from service computer.

The last step is to put sticker in a luggage compartment where spare wheel and car sticker.


That's it!
Wastegate actuator with spacer washer installed

Upgrade feelings - I don't no, I not felt something changed.

Useful links
Skoda Garages (Heb)

21 747 km, 1Y3M

8 comments:

  1. But if this allready have a spacer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recalibrating is done with vcds? Or E cu does it by himself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need VCDS or ETKA to re-calibrate.

      Delete
    2. I have a rattle when the revs are coming down from around 2000/3000rpm would this be my fix also cuz of the spacer is that not to much tension?

      Delete
  3. Is this on all Fabia? I have a 2014 1.2tsi 105hp ,and My epc and engine light got on and My car got down on some failsafe mode and was really Tired.. and i cant se any spacer om My wastegate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey. I really not on that topic anymore, so cant be sure. You may check your dealer if they will answer or look into ETKA/ELSA for details.

      Delete